26.10.04

Sudden Flashback

I was slowly dissolving Bacis (see dancing Bacis without ever having a clue what the devil they are, unless you speak Italian) in my mouth, when I was suddenly hit with a flashback: England, lightening storm, gloomy dining hall, dark oak table, gigantic plastic bowl filled with absolutely revolting watery chocolate pudding, disappointed groans, one bowl per girl, me with spoon fishing around pale swampy mess until I triumphantly unearth...aha, a piece of Mars bar. Has anyone else sampled this atrocity of a dessert that actually makes a mockery of chocolate and forces one to root around in a most undignified manner for the hidden "treasure" of chopped up pieces of Mars bar? Unsurprisingly, I can't remember the name.

« Home | previous post: Only the Rich May Eat Iceberg » | previous post: Slightly Shaken » | previous post: Oh Jeez, Not Another One » | previous post: A Bright Spot In Yesterday's Downpour » | previous post: Puffy Buns -- Oh Yeah! » | previous post: Smelly Pancakes and Supermarket Music » | previous post: Cheesy Quickbread » | previous post: Look What the Typhoon Churned Up » | previous post: Something Really Nice Happened » | previous post: Look What I Found »

2 Comments:

Sounds like a scene out of David Copperfield. Did you ask for seconds by any chance? ;o) 

- Lynn

10/27/2004 09:17:00 AM  

God, it does, doesn't it? And it *was* Copperfieldish, although I promise you nobody was asking for more.  

- Rachel

10/27/2004 03:27:00 PM  

Post a Comment