17.5.06

Edward with Orange Blossom


The rainy season began this week and will last about two months. And that's all I'm going to say about that because I've done more than enough complaining on this blog. One nice thing about these wet pair of months is that they seem to draw out all the beautiful flowers. My favorite right now are the sturdy little orange blossoms, one of which Edward very kindly agreed to model for us. They're fairly plain in form but they smell scrumptious, especially in this moist, heavy air. And I'm talking seriously scrumptious--like "standing in the sidewalk and snuffling your neighbor's hedge for five minutes because there's an orange tree on the other side sending out heady wafts of orange blossom perfume" scrumptious.



« Home | previous post: What Was Eliot Going on About? » | previous post: Wedding Invitation (the One I Didn't Get) » | previous post: I Just Need to Vent » | previous post: Pineapple Tarts » | previous post: Hanoi, Morning » | previous post: The End, Sort Of » | previous post: Still on Holiday » | previous post: Hanoi Report » | previous post: First Night in Hanoi » | previous post: In Training »

2 Comments:

Edward!!! How cute. That just made my day. Thanks .
E

5/18/2006 02:35:00 PM  

jesus h christ, that dog is beautiful.

5/19/2006 08:20:00 AM  

Post a Comment