26.10.04

Ingredients: 125g Sugar in Dust...

I use Google. I like Google. I don't trust Google's translation tool.

I was Googling for a recipe and came across an interesting-sounding one, except that it was in Spanish. "Want me to 'translate this page'?" Google asked accomodatingly.

Sure, I said, and suddenly found myself looking at a most unusual cake recipe that told me I needed:

-125g sugar in dust
-1/2 a royal stockmarket
-100g you happen
-1 stock market of hemstitched sugar

...among other ingredients. You also need a "furnace"--to bake the cake, I presume--and one step asks you to "throw" the 100g of you happen. Poor you happen, obviously not a valued ingredient. Or perhaps you're supposed to throw you happen into the furnace.

« Home | previous post: Sudden Flashback » | previous post: Only the Rich May Eat Iceberg » | previous post: Slightly Shaken » | previous post: Oh Jeez, Not Another One » | previous post: A Bright Spot In Yesterday's Downpour » | previous post: Puffy Buns -- Oh Yeah! » | previous post: Smelly Pancakes and Supermarket Music » | previous post: Cheesy Quickbread » | previous post: Look What the Typhoon Churned Up » | previous post: Something Really Nice Happened »

4 Comments:

Hahaha, hilarious! I can imagine you standing in front of a furnace, flinging the "you happen" in the roaring fire while chanting something like "scale of dragon, tooth of wolf; witch's mummy, maw and gulf..."

Sorry, can't get that image out of my head. 

- Lynn

10/27/2004 09:10:00 AM  

oh dear.

do you have any idea what were you trying to make? 

- random

10/27/2004 09:24:00 AM  

Lynn, I bet it was the "hemstitched sugar" that got your imagination revved!

Hi Random, welcome to my blog! I am not entirely sure, since I'm rather skeptical of anything Google "translated" for me, but I think it was a recipe for marmalade cake. Although what it said was "naranja confitada" in Spanish and "orange confitada" in English. Thank you, Google, that was so helpful.



 

- Rachel

10/27/2004 03:26:00 PM  

I can translate the recipe from Spanish to English if you want. I think after translating books and reports, a cooking recipe shouldn't be too bad ^^

btw: naranja confitada = preserved oranges 

- Mimi

10/28/2004 12:49:00 AM  

Post a Comment