14.2.06

Creeping Back

I get the feeling that had I told my mother about this blog, even she would have stopped reading it by now. Then again, my mother...

I haven't checked the date of my last post, but I know it was way, way back. I rather feel like a newbie blogger again, writing for nobody but myself, and maybe liking the freedom of that. I've even been toying with the idea of disabling comments, not because I didn't love hearing from people out there but more because... It's hard to explain. Partly, when there's evidence of actual readers, the way I write is unconsciously affected. I find myself performing, trying to please. I also start worrying about blogging, like it's a responsibility or an unspoken commitment. In case you don't know me (or only thought you did), yes, I am exactly that much of a ninny.

But I do like sharing my thoughts with others--that's how blogging is different and infinitely more satisfying than private journaling. So what is this girl to do? Not sure yet, but have decided to get into the swing of succinctity (I realize, but I dislike the sound of "succinctness"--clumsy-sounding) by attempting a series of short posts. And so ends the first.

« Home | previous post: Being in Singapore » | previous post: California Pictures » | previous post: Palo Alto » | previous post: First Stop, California » | previous post: Japanese Pumpkins and Homemade Applesauce » | previous post: Pie Vision » | previous post: Feeling Fall » | previous post: I'm afraid I've been blindsinded by a stupid cold.... » | previous post: Left Behind » | previous post: A Cake and a Website »

7 Comments:

I'm still here!

2/15/2006 04:44:00 AM  

I hesitated to leave a comment - didn't want to frighten you off again - but just wanted to say, glad to see you back. 

from Cathy

2/15/2006 12:15:00 PM  

Hi Jaime! I'm still waiting for you to send me those wedding pictures.

Hi Cathy! Oh my gosh, what a nice suprise to discover you still stop by, when I'm such an inconsistent blogger. I also feel bad that my post made you hesitate to comment. I really do love to hear from people and I'm glad you wrote to say hi.

2/15/2006 02:01:00 PM  

That's the wonderful thing about Bloglines (or anything similar) - it's so easy to keep tabs on the blogs you like, even if they are quiet for a while. But I am happy to see you back :)

2/16/2006 11:07:00 AM  

I'm here toooooo! i've been checking in regularly (about once a week - so that's not obsessive, right?) to see if you've got a new post up. And now there are 3! Yay!

2/19/2006 02:31:00 AM  

And now there are 6, I mean. Ok, my secret is out. I cant count!

2/19/2006 02:33:00 AM  

Hi Shyam! I cannot count either, so you never have to apologize for that at brown bread ice cream. Also, I'm thoroughly pleased that you like this blog enough to check on it regularly. Thank you!  

from Rachel

2/19/2006 12:23:00 PM  

Post a Comment