27.5.06

I'm Soooo Over Air Supply. I Am!

Oh dear bouncing baby Moses, would someone pul-leez take You Tube away from me? I've been repeatedly listening--and singing along!--to Goodbye by Air Supply, a band I thought I'd outgrown when I turned nine, but obviously NOT, since I can't seem to stop hitting "Replay this Video," even though I really cannot stand the squeaky voice of the little dark-haired guy. Okay, am I talking crazy here or do short guys tend to have squeaky voices? What's up with that? Have you ever heard horse jockeys talking? Like little munchkins, every one. But then I'm short and I don't think I sound squeaky. Crap...do I?

You know, for the longest time, I swore the words to Goodbye were:

I don't wanna play you out
I only wanna lead you on
But then, I was nine, so what did I know?

You! Would never ask me waaaahy...


« Home | previous post: Vietnam Photos: Halong Bay » | previous post: Maddened by Rain and Orange Blossoms » | previous post: Edward with Orange Blossom » | previous post: What Was Eliot Going on About? » | previous post: Wedding Invitation (the One I Didn't Get) » | previous post: I Just Need to Vent » | previous post: Pineapple Tarts » | previous post: Hanoi, Morning » | previous post: The End, Sort Of » | previous post: Still on Holiday »

4 Comments:

Darn you woman! Now you got me watching that darn video over youtube too.

Btw... when I was watching their concert 3 years ago (ok it was part job and part free. dont freak out on me now) I heard the release of a new song. That one got to me.

Try it... it's called 'Truly Yours'.

Wrong person to ask to save you from yourself... ahem... Im a closet Air Supply listener. Shhhh... that's just between you, me and the internet. I will vehemently deny anything if confronted.

5/27/2006 01:45:00 PM  

I love Air Supply and I'm not ashamed to say so!

SO SO SO!

:D

5/30/2006 08:03:00 AM  

You so don't squeak although my new intern does. Is it horrible that I find it insanely annoying? I mean she really can't help it right?

6/01/2006 02:25:00 AM  

ok, my very first concert was air supply when i was like 10. my aunt was a huge fan, and made us listen to it. i thought i knew most of their songs, but i've never heard of "Goodbye". i just watched the video and it doesn't sound familiar at all. i guess i'm all out of the air supply loop. 

from dexygus

6/05/2006 02:56:00 PM  

Post a Comment