11.10.05

Disappearing Act

Barring the odd vacation and the recent photo of Edward in a necktie, I believe this is the longest period I've neglected the blog. Whereas some people find blogging addictive, I find the opposite to be true: the longer I stay away, the harder it is to come back. It's not that I consider blogging a chore. It's really my own damn fault. You see, I can't write short, breezy posts. No, every little remark or observation has to wind and twist and expand into this overbloated monologue that takes me ages and ages to write. I can't seem to help it. And, yes, I’m an appallingly slow writer.

So you see, reader darlings, it’s not you. It’s me.

Oh, god, how lame is that? But it’s the truth. Every time I think about sitting down to blog, I realize I just don’t have the time that it takes to bang out one of my interminable essays. But this is going to change. I’m going to learn to be snappy, to the point. Sure I can indulge in verbosity, if I have the time or inclination. But I want to be capable of blogging, even when I’m busy with other things—because, honestly, when isn’t there going to be other things demanding my time?

So, for my own sake—because I do derive pleasure from blogging—as well as for the sake of anyone out there who pops in from time to time, I’m going to try to post more regularly. And be succinct about it.

« Home | previous post: Steady, Old Boy - Picture Yourself in a Nice Meado... » | previous post: Have I Unlocked the Secret of the Universe? » | previous post: » | previous post: Gee Whiz » | previous post: Ninja Akasaka » | previous post: Goodnight, Sour Prince » | previous post: Much Ado About Fleas » | previous post: Everyone Wins » | previous post: Where Did I Go? » | previous post: Going Away »

6 Comments:

Yay for the increased frequency but I will be a bot sad to see increased succinctness, I love your long rambling posts, they totally read the same way my mind works.

10/11/2005 10:25:00 PM  

Hooray!

10/12/2005 01:59:00 AM  

Hi there,

Sorry, but this is either going to seem like a completely random post, or you are going to know what I'm talking about.

I am a student in Atlanta who is researching Japanese study abroad programs, and I think I've decided on a program called KCP in Tokyo.

I have been trying desperately to find people who actually attended the program so I could get their feedback on the quality of the program.

While doing a Google search, I found this comment you posted on "wibbybunny's" blog about Japanese taxis:
"Oh my god, Lynn, I could feel your wrath about to explode all over the screen. I'm amazed that annoying operator survived--heh. That company does sound absolutely stupid.

There was a woman just like that at KCP who made me want to scream hysterically on a regular basis. Oh, I get annoyed just recalling her now!"

Is there a chance that the KCP you were referring to is the same thing as the school in Tokyo that I want to go to? If so, please let me know what you thought of the program. My e-mail is alawrence11 at student dot gsu dot edu (trying to avoid spam).

If not, then I'm really sorry for taking up your time with this long post!

Thanks again,
Alex

10/12/2005 11:52:00 AM  

Hi Jaime! As you can see, I'm already failing miserably in the succinctness department, so maybe you have nothing to fear.

Hi Jessica!

Alex, I'll email you.

10/14/2005 12:23:00 AM  

I'm trying to get more rregular about posting too so don't feel all alone out there...

10/21/2005 07:36:00 AM  

Thanks, kitchenmage! I just hope you're doing better than I am.  

from Rachel

10/26/2005 09:21:00 PM  

Post a Comment