21.2.06

Ask, and you shall receive; seek, and you shall find; whine, and get a major butt-whooping. I'm not even a bit amazed that shortly after I published that truculent post about being boooored (and that other one about hovering), suddenly everyone and my uncle's dying hamster decided he/she/it needed 180 pages of something edited RIGHT NOW.

We-hell, at least my present assiduous state has allowed me to bat aside that pesky resolve to extricate my dusty running shoes from the back of the shoe closet (for the purpose of running, I forgot to clarify). Gosh darn it.

« Home | previous post: To Sit or Not to Sit » | previous post: Office vs. Home » | previous post: Rachel and the Mystery of the False Advertising » | previous post: Every Squeeze of My Heart » | previous post: Been Up To » | previous post: Creeping Back » | previous post: Being in Singapore » | previous post: California Pictures » | previous post: Palo Alto » | previous post: First Stop, California »

7 Comments:

hi rachel,

I finally got around to doing the whole "expandable post" thing on my blog.

Well, I thought it was going well, until, I found that every Old post I have also has the "to continue reading" link at the end of the post. Do you know how this happened?

Sorry for making this a comment--I tried finding your email address and couldn't find anything.

thehungryrose AT gmail dot com

2/27/2006 06:56:00 AM  

Hi Rose,

You may (or may not, in which case I'm afraid I'm not sure what went wrong for you) have missed this part of my expandable post instructions:

"If you write a short post, and don't  want the 'to continue reading' link, ...make sure <span class="shortpost"> is at the very end of your post."

Did you paste <span class="shortpost"> at the end of each of your old posts (for which you don't want to see the "to continue reading" link)?

If you did the above, the only other thing I can think of is to try republishing your entire blog again. Sometimes I find that even after republishing, I actually have to reload a page to see updated changes. I don't know why, but try that as well, just in case.

Feel free to keep asking questions via comments. I keep meaning to add an email address, but... 

from Rachel

2/27/2006 10:48:00 AM  

a ha! got it to work :-) thanks so much!

2/28/2006 10:03:00 AM  

hi rachel. nice blog you got here. Simple and direct. i added you as a link on mine. shaz, a fellow food blogger from singapore.

3/01/2006 02:24:00 PM  

Hi rose, I'm really glad you got it to work!

Hi shaz, you really think I'm simple and direct? Thank you! I always thought I was troublesome and long-winded. But I will take your word over mine. Just one thing: This isn't really a food blog, but I hope that won't keep you away.

3/02/2006 02:52:00 PM  

Hi Rachel
I like reading your blog and looking at pictures of your dog. Funny, I'm in a rather similar situation myself. Weeks ago, I was bored to hell with no work and an email came in and I'm swamped. I feel like a bit of a hikkomori. The only trips I make out of my house are to the local supermaket, the letter box and the 7-11. That said, I should really get back to my work instead of looking at people's blogs and dogs.
Hopefully, we'll move back to Japan soon and I'm thinking of getting a dog. Most of the apartments we have rented (in Kansai) have been anti-pet owning. Hope we find a nice place that lets us have pets.
Cheers
Eve

3/03/2006 02:52:00 AM  

Hi Eve! I'm so glad you enjoy the blog. Yes, working from home can kind of drive you crazy, sometimes, huh?

Are you originally from Japan or have you just been living there on and off? Hope you don't have too hard a time finding a pet-OK apartment. We had such a tough time!

3/07/2006 10:52:00 PM  

Post a Comment