14.2.06

Every Squeeze of My Heart

 
 In the insanity that is Valentine's Day in Japan, pink-boxed truffles (and home truffle making sets) start popping up almost a month in advance; overheated department stores are inundated with a fury of women on a grim mission to sample and select chocolates for everyone from their boss to that annoying but pitiful dude who sits in the desk opposite theirs; and even the hapless lemon is made a pawn, deformed in the name of this most frighteningly lucrative Day of Love.

 
  What did I do today for my special guy? I made him breakfast. My poor husband looked so amazed by the miso soup, it dawned on me that I'm a terrible wife. He then commented that one of his friends wakes his wife up every morning, to demand that she make his breakfast. I never liked that jerk.

« Home | previous post: Been Up To » | previous post: Creeping Back » | previous post: Being in Singapore » | previous post: California Pictures » | previous post: Palo Alto » | previous post: First Stop, California » | previous post: Japanese Pumpkins and Homemade Applesauce » | previous post: Pie Vision » | previous post: Feeling Fall » | previous post: I'm afraid I've been blindsinded by a stupid cold.... »

0 Comments:

Post a Comment