20.6.05

Not as Serious as I Thought

I've probably terrified the bejesus out of everyone who used my coding instructions. Turns out, the problem wasn't as grave as I originally believed--or at least I don't think it is.

After calming down from my initial panic of being responsible for a sudden mass-crashing of blogs everywhere (ha, how I flatter myself that my readership is that large), I went back and studied the critique on my code, and it seems I left out one </span> directly at the end of the code in Step 2 of my instructions. If you look now, you'll see that it's been added. Wait, I'm going to break my own rule of No Overexuberance with Multicolored Fonts and make this forgotten bit of code a bright hussy pink so nobody will miss it.

Sorry for all the mad flapping and the slip-up everybody.

« Home | previous post: Hydrangea Galore » | previous post: Solution to Expandable Post Problem » | previous post: Questions that Cause My Brow to Crinkle Adorably » | previous post: Slow Sweet Sips » | previous post: Crack That Whip! » | previous post: Anthropomorphism My Ass » | previous post: For Your Amusement » | previous post: Removing Melted Plastic » | previous post: Lilly Pads » | previous post: A Rape Victim Who Became a Hero »

7 Comments:

Hi Rachel,
Thanks a million again for the update!! Now the problem with my blog is fixed :D

I must have sounded so stupid saying "Thank you, it worked!" while you -- and probably all IE users --- saw something wrong with my blog? Well, let me tell ya, I use Firefox ver 1.0.4, and your instruction worked perfectly alright WITHOUT the tag you added this time in the bright coral pink. I was able to see my blog with no problem and got comments every day. I didn’t know anything was wrong with my blog until this evening when I browsed it at an internet café using IE.

So you didn’t give me a bad information after all, because it worked fine on Firefox. I appreciate your help and will take your advice in the future, too ;) 

from obachan

6/21/2005 12:40:00 AM  

Hey, no, I shouldn't have been so careless. Definitely my fault.

Well, I'm so relieved that it worked out... Unless there turn out to be problems for other browsers that we don't know about? Is there any way to find out? 

from Rachel

6/21/2005 01:15:00 AM  

You know, it worked for me (Mozilla, I think) with or without that little bit of leftout code, so as far as I'm concerned, it's no biggie. But thanks so much for spending so much time on this. A true friend for someone like me who's too lazy to do anything herself, hehe. 

from Lynn

6/21/2005 10:04:00 AM  

Rachel
The code now works for me too and I use IE6. Before, without that last "/span" it did not work, insomuch as I saw no change--meaning the "continue" still existed in all posts.

Now, that I've updated the code, it works perfectly. 

from Ana

6/21/2005 07:08:00 PM  

No problem, Lynn! I'm so glad nothing bad happened.

Ana, glad to hear it all worked out. Phew! 

from Rachel

6/22/2005 08:25:00 PM  

Hi Rachel,

I stumbled upon your blog and I really enjoy reading all your posts. I've also tried to follow your instruction on expandable post and it works on my blog! thanks!  

from Piggy

6/23/2005 12:21:00 AM  

Hi Piggy! Thanks for dropping by! I'm glad I could help, but I'm even more glad you found my blog *after* I figured out I'd messed up the coding! 

from Rachel

6/23/2005 10:55:00 PM  

Post a Comment