24.6.05

Lights Out

Yesterday, after luxuriating in a little bit of book before bed, I reached over to turn off the lamp only to realize it wasn't on. It was 6am and what I'd been trying to turn off was the light of day flooding in through those damn glass cubes that make up one wall of my bedroom.

I don't know if this is some form of retarded insomnia but I regularly fall into a pattern of going to bed later and later, and before I know it, things are completely out of control and I'm sharing the same hours as certain truckers, gas station attendants, and convenience store clerks.

« Home | previous post: Transcriber, Travel Agent & Volunteer-in-Progress » | previous post: Not as Serious as I Thought » | previous post: Hydrangea Galore » | previous post: Solution to Expandable Post Problem » | previous post: Questions that Cause My Brow to Crinkle Adorably » | previous post: Slow Sweet Sips » | previous post: Crack That Whip! » | previous post: Anthropomorphism My Ass » | previous post: For Your Amusement » | previous post: Removing Melted Plastic »

4 Comments:

Maybe it's just that you are reading such fantastic books that you *forget* to sleep! :-)

6/24/2005 10:13:00 PM  

Same is happening to me. I have to start going to bed about 30 minutes earlier, and the another 30 minutes earlier, and so on, to start going back to a decent bedtime and finally get the 6 hours of sleep I need...but there are so many interesting things to do at home...now if I were this committed at work....

6/25/2005 01:19:00 AM  

More fellow nightbirds! You know, I think a person who blogs either has to be working long hours at a computer all day (and thus needs to take a break without *looking* like they're slacking off, like all those smokers huddled wherever it is they get banished to these days); or, you have to be a nightbird.

Oh god, Hsin-Li, a wake-up call right as you're falling asleep. How does one endure it?

Jessica, I *used* to stay up all night reading books, but these days I just don't have the time! And it wasn't really an absorbing book--though I miss those kind, and I wish I could find one again.

Ha, Ana, I know what you mean. Though in my case, it's not that I'm staying awake because of interesting things. It's boring things (work, travel agent duties) that keep me up until pre-dawn, and then my own annoying mind restlessly refusing to settle down as I lie in bed, impatiently waiting for sleep.
 

from Rachel

6/26/2005 12:52:00 PM  

Oh, Bert is totally like that too and I am totally not, sometimes we find ourselves in completely opposite sleep cycles during which we sneak around the house trying not to wake the other person up but never actually seeing them.

6/27/2005 11:04:00 PM  

Post a Comment